Full Face: E.L.F. Cosmetics
I’m super excited to share with you guys my full face look using E.L.F. Cosmetics! Like most of you probably did, I discovered ELF at Target while browsing for an inexpensive beauty product. This was back in maybe 2010-2011 when I was using the NYX eyebrow palette, and didn’t buy anything designer. We’ve come a long way people.
The first ELF product I ever bought was the $1 liquid black eyeliner. The fact that ELF still sells some of their products for just $1 blows my mind. Fan for life. I recommended this liner to all of my friends, and literally used it for years. The love was real. While this isn’t my go-to liner anymore, I was interested in seeing how the formula has evolved since I last worked with it. Better yet, I want to try all of the new products that have been buzzing on social media! So I did just that. And I’m obsessed.
While my application skills are not on Spencer Barnes level, I was seriously impressed with the quality of these new ELF products. They’re also cruelty free and vegan, so you can feel good about using these. Scroll through to see everything I used, including my application methods and honest review of each.
- Poreless Face Primer $6 – This primer reminds me of Benefit Pore-fessional, but for a 1/3 of the price! Apply after cleansing and moisturizing. I use my hands to apply, but you can also use a brush or blender.
- Flawless Finish Foundation $6 – SPF 15 foundation with a semi-matte finish. Goes on easily and evenly when applied with a damp blending sponge. Run the sponge under water, squeeze out excess water, and pat dry on a clean towel. Pump foundation directly onto sponge then apply all over face, starting on outer cheeks and working your way inward.
- HD Lifting Concealer $3 – Skin firming concealer. I use it on my under eye and to cover any blemishes. Apply and blend out with a small brush.
- Beautifully Bare Finishing Power $6 – I love this powder for setting and mattifying my foundation. Apply all over face with a dabbing motion using a Kabuki brush. I throw this powder in my purse to get rid of any shine throughout the day.
- Aqua Infused Blush and Bronzer $6 – This is a great little duo for only 6 bucks, and both products have really good pigment. I use the bronzer around my hairline on my forehead, cheeks, and jawline. Apply blush to cheeks and blend out toward hair line. I also used the bronzer as eye shadow in the crease, and the blush as accent color on my lid.
- Eyebrow Kit $3 – I had not used this in years! I only used the wax side, as I don’t like my brows to look powdery/cakey. To apply, I used the angled end of the tiny brush that comes with the kit.
- Matte Magic Mist and Set $4 – Now that all “dry” products have been applied, I mist my entire face with this to set the look. I don’t like to mist after liquid eyeliner and mascara, as it can sometimes cause these to run or add unwanted weight.
- Expert Liquid Liner $2 – Well, the price increased by $1 in the last four years… making it only $2. I think we can manage. The formula seems the same as the one I remember, but maybe a tad bit darker, which I like. I think the brush was better before! Maybe I just got a bad bottle (it happens), but I’d buy it again to test this theory. I like the apply my wing only to the outer 2/3 of my eyelid (not all the way to the inside corner).
- Mineral Infused Mascara $3 – I picked this up because it was the only ELF mascara Target had. I like the formula, but the brush didn’t do much for me. It definitely conditioned my lashes, but was not as buildable as I would have liked.
- Aqua Beauty Gel Lip Tine in Red Orange Wash $4 – Saved the best for last! I was immediately drawn to this red-orange hue, and I love the formula; a “gel lip tint” and thats exactly what it is. Not an opaque color, but more of a stain but it conditions and lasts all day. I have worn this one a lot!
Have you tried E.L.F Cosmetics? What products are your favorite?
Comment below ♥